incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.1.0-rc3
Date Fri, 11 May 2018 22:52:51 GMT
Hi,

> My understanding is that the if the license writes that the copyright notice needs to
be retained then it needs to go into the NOTICE. But that is not completely clear here. [2]

The license file normally includes the copyright line and so it will be included in LICENSE
and there is no need to add it to NOTICE. Only relocated copyright lines need to be mentioned
in NOTICE, 3rd party notices (which are rare and AFAIK no Category A license has them), and
information from the NOTICE files of bundled ALv2 software.

Thanks,
Justin