incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jun Liu <liu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) 2.6.2 [RC1]
Date Wed, 23 May 2018 15:51:14 GMT
Hi All,

I am canceling this vote and prepare for a new release candidate RC2. Thanks for Willem, Ian
and Justin for pointing out the issues in this candidate, we expect to address the following
issues RC2:
- Resolve scheme compatibility problems[1].
- Remove the MD5 hashes in RC1
- Rename the source release file to 'dubbo-incubating-2.6.2-source-release'.
- Polish the Code Conduct,  Contributing Doc, some pom files to remove some out of date informations.
- Remove some unrelated log files and empty directories from the source release, try to keep
source release the same with release tag.
- Temporarily close checkstyle-plugin by default.

To summary the vote result this round:
+1 (binding), Justin Mclean
-1 (binding), Willem Jiang

The discussion thread in Dubbo community about cancel this one and start a new candidate:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e871b5fc5bac3c588514e6cf57f3520b16c088ca1ed483f0ffe582fb@%3Cdev.dubbo.apache.org%3E

1. https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/96af7381da0fbc1dc0895134abc5f8faf892a72061929489082f5e6a@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

Best regards,
Jun

> On 18 May 2018, at 5:26 PM, Jun Liu <liujun@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> This is a call for vote to release Apache Dubbo (Incubating) version 2.6.2.
>
> The Apache Dubbo community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Apache Dubbo
(Incubating) version 2.6.2.

> We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this incubator release.
>
> Apache Dubbo™ (incubating) is a high-performance, java based, open source RPC framework.
Dubbo offers three key functionalities, which include interface based remote call, fault tolerance
& load balancing, and automatic service registration & discovery.