incubator-general mailing list archives

From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Re: Is an incubating project allowed to release if it didn't followApache way.
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:11:04 GMT
Hi, Bertrand

SkyWalking didnot face this situation.

This is a question only. Thanks for replying. I think my understanding about this is allowed,
is right.😃

 Sheng Wu
---Original---
From: "Bertrand Delacretaz"<bdelacretaz@codeconsult.ch>
Date: Tue, Apr 24, 2018 18:06 PM
To: "Incubator General"<general@incubator.apache.org>;
Subject: Re: Is an incubating project allowed to release if it didn't followApache way.

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 11:45 AM, 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu.sheng@foxmail.com> wrote:
> ...1. Are this releases allowed? Since it is still an incubating project, maybe YES?..

Some podlings do continue to make non-Apache releases during
incubation, usually because they have an existing community. Such
releases must be clearly labeled as non-Apache releases.

Did you discuss this with your mentors? In principle they are the ones
who know the podling's situation best, in order to evaluate such
requests.

-Bertrand