incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.1.0-rc3
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2018 05:03:44 GMT
Hi Justin,

I think that these files were discussed with legal affairs. I’ll let Steve explain.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 16, 2018, at 9:58 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Ignoring the signing issues I would be +1 if the license of the files[1][2]  known and
the LICENSE fixed in the next release.  However a quick search seems to imply that the two
files below [1][2] may be licensed under terms which are not compatible with the Apache license
but I’m not 100% sure and INAL.

> Re everything else:
> - incubating in name.
> - DISCLAIMER exists
> - NOTICE is good
> - LICENSE looks to be missing info on these files [1][2] Has an ASF header has been added
incorrectly? How are they licensed and is that compatable with the ALv2?