incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steve Lawrence <slawre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Daffodil (incubating) 2.1.0-rc3
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2018 11:24:42 GMT
On 04/19/2018 12:29 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I cannot reproduce the gpg failure. On a fresh CentOS install, I ran the
>> following.
>
> I’ve double check again and it all checks out. Sorry about that must of been something
at my end.

>> The original license of these files was University of Illinois
>> NCSA Open Source license [3], which is Cat A and compatible with ASLv2.
>
> I'm not 100% sure they are compatible and may be Category X.
>
> Did you look into:
>         NOTICE: This software was produced for the U. S. Government under contract W15P7T-12-C-F600
>         and is subject to the Rights in Data-General Clause 52.227-14 (JUNE 1987).
>
> From what I read (and it’s far from clear to me) that possibly imply it can only be
used for noncommercial use?

After further inspection, I'd agree with you. The files were provided to
to us with the intention of being included in Daffodil under the UoI
NCSA license, but it looks like the license markings weren't updated to
reflect that. These files look to be Cat X as is. The two test files
should be removed.

>> Is your vote still a +1 if we plan to remove these two files in the 2.2.0 release?
DAFFODIL-1925 [4] tracks this issue.