incubator-general mailing list archives

From "吴晟 Sheng Wu" <wu.sh...@foxmail.com>
Subject Need `mvn submodule` in `mvn release:perform` step
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2018 01:20:20 GMT
Hi incubator,

I am facing some issues when I do the SkyWalking first release. I am following this document
http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#dev-env . But an error occurs in
step 4-STAGE THE RELEASE FOR A VOTE.

The reason of this is SkyWalking is using `git submodule` feature, so after `git clone`, need
to run `git submodule init` and `git submodule update`, but in `mvn release:perform`, don't
execute this in default.

I need some helps and guides about how to run these `submodule` commands. Who can help us?
Or where should I ask?

Thanks.

Sheng Wu
Apache SkyWalking creator and PPMC member