incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podling setup
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 09:02:48 GMT
On 09/03/18 08:42, Julian Hyde wrote:
> I saw the mentor’s guide, went to selfserve as it suggested, and selfserve would not
let me log in. (It still won’t.) So, the line "Most of the resources you will request can
be done via Self Service.” is not true.

> Thanks for fixing LDAP.

No problem.

I've dug into the selfserve.a.o code and I can confirm that those pages
are restricted to root, secretary and PMC chairs. Mentors are not
included so the guide needs updating (or selfserve.a.o changing).

I haven't yet dug into how Whimsy identifies mentors. That is next on my
TODO list to see if there is an easy patch that could be proposed for
selfserve.a.o

Mark