incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Apache HAWQ 2.3.0.0-incubating Release
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2018 01:35:14 GMT
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018, Yi JIN wrote:

> Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 00:34:02 +0100
> From: Yi JIN <yjin@apache.org>
> To: general@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [VOTE]: Apache HAWQ 2.3.0.0-incubating Release
> 
> Hi IPMC members,
>
> I dropped MD5 checksum files from this candidate following Groeten's
> comment. I'm not sure if we can continue this vote or I have to move back
> to PPMC to prepare another candidate. Thanks.

   just continue the vote.

> Yi Jin (yjin)

   Regards,

   Henk Penning

> On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 9:41 AM, Yi JIN <yjin@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi IPMC members,
>>
>> I dropped MD5 checksum files from this candidate following Groeten's
>> comment. I'm now sure if we can continue this vote or I have to move back
>> to PPMC to generate another candidate.
>>
>> Best,
>> Yi Jin (yjin)
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 5:43 PM, Makoto Yui <myui@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Groeten,
>>>
>>> Thanks for clarification.
>>>
>>> Makoto
>>>
>>> 2018-03-07 15:27 GMT+09:00 Henk P. Penning <penning@uu.nl>:
>>>> On Wed, 7 Mar 2018, Makoto Yui wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 07:15:15 +0100
>>>>> From: Makoto Yui <myui@apache.org>
>>>>> To: general@incubator.apache.org
>>>>> Subject: Re: [VOTE]: Apache HAWQ 2.3.0.0-incubating Release
>>>>>
>>>>>> Recently the "release policy" [1] changed ; it (now) says :
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Good to know about it.
>>>>>
>>>>>> MUST supply at least one (SHA or MD5) checksum file,
>>>>>> SHOULD NOT supply a MD5 checksum file (because MD5 is too broken).
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> This sounds confusing. Could be "MUST supply SHA checksum file(s)," (?)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>   See RFC 2119 : https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt
>>>>
>>>>   "MUST", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT" etc are technical terms.
>>>>   RFC 2119 explains what they mean.
>>>>
>>>>   Hint :
>>>>
>>>>     MUST   == obligation ; a strict requirement
>>>>     SHOULD == recommendation ;
>>>>
>>>>   Note : the policy can't say "MUST supply SHA checksum",
>>>>   because many projects have older releases in /dist/
>>>>   that are MD5-only ; under "new policy", that is
>>>>   frowned upon, but not forbidden.
>>>>
>>>>> Makoto
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>   Groeten,
>>>>
>>>>   HPP
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------   _
>>>> Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
>>>> Faculty of Science, Utrecht University    T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
>>>> Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
>>>> http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/
>>>>
>>>>> 2018-03-07 14:58 GMT+09:00 Henk P. Penning <penning@uu.nl>:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Wed, 7 Mar 2018, Yi JIN wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 03:56:54 +0100
>>>>>>> From: Yi JIN <yjin@apache.org>
>>>>>>> To: general@incubator.apache.org
>>>>>>> Subject: [VOTE]: Apache HAWQ 2.3.0.0-incubating Release
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The artifacts can be downloaded here:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.3.0.
>>> 0-incubating.RC2/
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   Recently the "release policy" [1] changed ; it (now) says :
>>>>>>
>>>>>>     ...
>>>>>>     * SHOULD NOT supply a MD5 checksum file
>>>>>>     ...
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   [1] https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Yi Jin (yjin)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   Groeten,
>>>>>>
>>>>>>   Henk Penning -- apache.org infrastructure ; dist & mirrors
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------   _
>>>>>> Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
>>>>>> Faculty of Science, Utrecht University    T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/
\
>>>>>> Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
>>>>>> http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Makoto YUI <myui AT apache.org>
>>>>> Research Engineer, Treasure Data, Inc.
>>>>> http://myui.github.io/
>>>>>
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Makoto YUI <myui AT apache.org>
>>> Research Engineer, Treasure Data, Inc.
>>> http://myui.github.io/
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>
>

------------------------------------------------------------   _
Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
Faculty of Science, Utrecht University    T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message