incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chris Lambertus <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Self Serve & IPMC Members
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 21:04:51 GMT

> On Mar 9, 2018, at 2:47 AM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Infra
>
> Just as a heads up, there's an on going thread on general@incubator about podling setup.
 One of the assumptions is that all IPMC members can use Self Serve [1] [2], however that
is not the case.  I have updated the mentor guide to tell people to use the old way (JIRA
tickets) if they cannot use it.

IPMC members can technically create GITBOX repos, although they may not see the podling in
the dropdown if they are not associated (in LDAP) with the podling. PPMC members can create
GITBOX repos for their associated projects.

Only pmc-chairs, root, and secretary can create GIT-WIP repos.

https://selfserve.apache.org <https://selfserve.apache.org/> is for creating GIT-WIP
repos.

https://gitbox.apache.org <https://gitbox.apache.org/> is for creating GITBOX (r/w github)
repos.

The miscommunication is in the selection of git-wip vs. gitbox repos. We have generally been
asking that all new podlings go on gitbox, but there is clearly some confusion regarding the
“self-serve” nomenclature and who can do what (including within infra!)

We’ll try and update the documentation on the actual self-serve pages to make it more indicative
of the karma requirements, but I hope this clears up the issue for the Incubator. If you find
any of the above to not be the case, please let Infra know so we can sort it out.

-Chris
ASF Infra