incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release of Apache-Griffin-0.2.0-incubating [RC1]
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2018 03:42:40 GMT
On mine I get 3 files failing

Unapproved licenses:

  DEPENDENCIES
  griffin-doc/service/postman/griffin.json
  griffin-doc/service/postman/griffin_environment.json

Doing what I assume is the same thing as Matt (mvn apache-rat:check from
the source release folder) . In addition to what he's noted, the year in
your NOTICE file should be updated to 2018.  The resulting output files
need a little bit of work:

- measure's JAR shows the notice for Avro.  It also packs in additional
dependencies that are not apache licensed (they're all Cat B so they're
fine).  In the next release, please create dedicated NOTICE and LICENSE
files for this JAR.
- Similar issues exist in the service JAR, where the spring boot JAR
includes many other dependencies, some of which carry their own NOTICE
(Jackson, Tomcat) or other licenses.  What's harder is that you're using
Hibernate, which is an LGPL Cat-X dependency and cannot be included in the
JAR.  This is going to have to come out.
- The resulting output from your UI build should have licenses in place for
font awesome, glyphicons.  I'm not sure whats in your vendor.min.js but
based on your node_modules you may need to call out additional
license/notice contents.

Sorry, but -1.

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 11:20 PM Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com> wrote:

> I should note that I'm building this from the source zip file.
>
> On 22 March 2018 at 22:19, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > When you execute a release using the Apache parent pom, one of the files
> > generated is a DEPENDENCIES file.  For almost all projects, this file is
> > empty.  However it doesn't play well with rat.
> >
> > John
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 11:18 PM Lionel Liu <lionelliu@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Matt,
> >>
> >> What DEPENDENCIES files are causing the rat check fail in your
> >> environment ?
> >> We had set the exclusion list of some files in pom.xml, with profile id
> >> apache-release, the rat check will success by running `mvn
> >> -Papache-release
> >> clean apache-rat:check`
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Lionel