incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <>
Subject Re: Podling setup
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 10:44:38 GMT
On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 4:02 AM Mark Thomas <> wrote:

> On 09/03/18 08:42, Julian Hyde wrote:
> > I saw the mentor’s guide, went to selfserve as it suggested, and
> selfserve would not let me log in. (It still won’t.) So, the line "Most of
> the resources you will request can be done via Self Service.” is not true.
> >
> > Thanks for fixing LDAP.
> No problem.
> I've dug into the selfserve.a.o code and I can confirm that those pages
> are restricted to root, secretary and PMC chairs. Mentors are not
> included so the guide needs updating (or selfserve.a.o changing).
> I haven't yet dug into how Whimsy identifies mentors. That is next on my
> TODO list to see if there is an easy patch that could be proposed for
> selfserve.a.o
For some reason, I thought I already had a ticket in to fix selfserve to be
all IPMC members.  I can't find that request, so I'm assuming it doesn't
already exist.

I apologize for the pain that selfserve is creating.  I have updated the
mentor guide to clarify that if it's not working, you should go back to the
old method (in addition to cleaning up the bad links to servicedesk).