incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ServiceComb Java-Chassis (incubating) version 1.0.0-m1 - Second Attempt
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2018 21:33:47 GMT
Hi,

> What we've generally used it for in the past is for when we copy in outside
> source code wholesale. See for example:
> https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/blob/master/NOTICE.txt

Which doesn’t look correct to me but I may have the URLs wrong:
 - Re ResolverUtil.java is ALv2 license but there’s no NOTICE file,[1]  this information
can go in LICENSE.
- Same re Dumpster  [2]
- Janus Graph does have a NOTICE file and it’s not been taken into account.
- Piccocli doesn’t have a NOTICE file and again should be mentioned in LICENSE.

License information goes in LICENSE not NOTICE and only copyright information in from relocated
headers goes in NOTICE (i.e. which would be from a software grant) Copyright lines from 3rd
party bundled software should not be put in NOTICE.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/StripesFramework/stripes
2. https://github.com/kirviq/dumbster