incubator-general mailing list archives

From Chris Lambertus <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Self Serve & IPMC Members
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2018 18:36:57 GMT

> On Mar 12, 2018, at 6:23 AM, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 6:57 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org <mailto:markt@apache.org>>
wrote:
> On 09/03/18 21:47, Chris Lambertus wrote:
> > My understanding is that any pmc-chair can create resources for any project via
selfserve.a.o. It does not have to be the pmc chair of that specific project, so there should
be quite a few people who can create these resources at any given time.
> We trust ASF members. They have access to security@ and a bunch of other
> sensitive lists and they should be familiar enough with the foundation
> standards and procedures - or at least self-aware enough to know when
> they don't know.
>
> There's general agreement on that, I believe. ... But, ugh, it appears that our LDAP
schema doesn't easily support this right now :-(

> We'll look into how to make this happen. And open a Jira tracking issue for it.

We’ve implemented a workaround for the LDAP issue. Selfserve now allows Members as well
as PMC chairs to create resources.

-Chris