incubator-general mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <>
Subject Re: Podling setup
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 07:47:20 GMT

> On Mar 8, 2018, at 4:51 AM, Mark Thomas <> wrote:
> On 07/03/18 23:24, Julian Hyde wrote:
>> I’m a mentor of a new podling, Druid. I would like to help them get set up, e.g.
create mailing lists, create git repos. I tried to use <>
for these, but it only allows officers (i.e. PMC chairs).
>> How is this supposed to work? Is the podling supposed to log INFRA tickets for everything?
Am I supposed to nag the IPMC chair for everything? Or should I reach out to friends who happen
to be PMC chairs?
>> The red tape is getting me down.
> Having to send one e-mail to ask for help is hardly red-tape.

Quite a few emails, actually. I’ve already been in conversation with John Ament to get the
mailing lists, and Luciano Resende made a few suggestions, including using

The advice to podlings is “ask your mentors” but this mentor is finding himself frustrated
- no clear guidelines what to do, and when I discover options I don’t have enough karma. <> makes sense for top-level projects
- which, by definition, have at least one officer - but not for podlings. The advice for podlings
should be to email general@incubator.a.o <mailto:general@incubator.a.o> for all resources.
Their mentors are in most cases as powerless as they are.

> If you provide a list of what is required - or a pointer to an existing
> list - I'll put in the requests for you.

Thanks for the offer to help. But acting as middle-man I’m just slowing things down - so
I’m going to ask them to email general@incubator.a.o <mailto:general@incubator.a.o>