incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Dubbo - proposal for Apache Incubation
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2018 10:40:31 GMT
On 03/02/18 11:44, Huxing Zhang wrote:
> Dear Apache Incubator Community,
>
> Please accept the following proposal for presentation and discussion:
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DubboProposal
>
> Dubbo is a high-performance, lightweight, Java based RPC framework.
> Dubbo offers three key features, which includes interface based remote
> call, fault tolerance & load balancing, and automatic service
> registration & discovery.
>
> Any feedback from the incubator community is much appreciated.

Looks good to me.

The only comment I have at this point is "Is the community sure it wants
a separate users list?". Separating users and developers can make sense
for large, well established projects. For newer projects, it can make it
harder to build the community.

I don't have a strong view on this. I will note it is trivial to create
an additional list at a later point if one is needed.

Mark