incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Manually created binary data in ASF repos?
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 08:45:01 GMT
On 02/12/2018 09:42 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I have a little question regarding binary data in ASF repos.
>
> IMO It’s only compiled code that’s not allowed, other binary formats like image,
pdfs, fonts etc ect are all OK so this should also be OK. I can point to a number of releases
reviewed here that have had binary files (but not compiled source code) in them. Might be
a good to label them clearly so anyone who looks know what they are.

Totally fine, yep.
The reasoning is, we can't vote on binary _code_, only the source.
If the binary data is test data, there is nothing to _code_ to verify.
There are plenty of examples. We don't vote on JPEGs and PNGs either ;)