incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ian Luo <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Dubbo - proposal for Apache Incubation
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 09:36:57 GMT
Hi Shengqiu,

Indeed Dubbo has not been actively maintained for years since it’s publicly
released in 2012. During this period, the fact is Dubbo kept expanding its
user base and got quite popular in China’s market. We realize this is a
mistake, and now open-sourcing is our most important strategy.

In order to keep the project and the community healthy, we decide to donate
Dubbo to Apache. We believe Dubbo project can keep moving forward by
running with the Apache way with or without Alibaba’s engineering team.

This is just my two cents, and hope to answer the concern from your and
many others :)

Cheers,

-Ian.