incubator-general mailing list archives

From 胜秋武 <wushengqiu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Dubbo - proposal for Apache Incubation
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 08:01:16 GMT
Hi, Ian, thanks for your details answer. Alibaba dubbo original team is
worthy of respectable for opensource dubbo, Dangdang and other companies do
a good job to maintain on fork like Dubbox project. If no original team
maintaining after opensource, maybe it's will give troubles to customers
who start used, because not all customers have the ability to fix complex
technical issues and implement new features. Tengine project have the same
problem which is also opensource from Alibaba original team (
https://github.com/alibaba/tengine/issues/921).

It's very glad to see Alibaba dubbo original team realize the mistake and
plan to keep the community more healthy. I think original team is also
important for an opensource project. Diversity means neutrally, not means
keep moving without original team.

Thanks.