incubator-general mailing list archives

From Makoto Yui <yuin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0-RC2
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 14:29:42 GMT
Justin,

> Hi,
>
>> Update the NOTICE file.
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/blob/v0.5.0/NOTICE
>
> Look there is obvious a disconnect here and you are not understanding what isand  required
in regard with licensing and ASF policy. That's OK as incubating project, it's hard to understand
and hard to get right especially when this is new to you, and guidance is not always clear
and TLP project seem to not comply. Again I ask you to ask your mentors to help.

I'm currently asking our mentor though not all our mentors would not
be experts of licensing issue.

Again, http://apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice says
"The NOTICE file *may* also include copyright notices moved from
source files submitted to the ASF."

SGA providers would expect copyright are left in somewhere.
https://github.com/myui/hivemall/blob/v0.4.2-rc.2/NOTICE#L8 (before
entering Incubator)

I'll ask about this issue to confirm about the above guidance in legal-discuss@.

> No I would still vote -1. Again please speak to your mentors and understand what the
issues are here before bring the vote back to a incubator vote.

> That’s the last I have to say on this before we see a new RC.

Thank you for taking your time.

Makoto