incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Thoughts on Trademarks / Existing Domains on Podling Proposals / Reports
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2018 23:24:11 GMT
Hi -

I think that the Incubator should adjust the proposal process when a project comes in that
has registered trademarks.

There are a few impacts to consider some of which may need to be private.

(1) PODLINGNAMESEARCH may not be needed.

(2) The IPMC and trademarks@ should want to understand what will need to be transferred and
what the timing of the transfer(s) will be - either during onboarding or at graduation. We
should be clear about what happens to the trademark if Incubation fails either with or without
a release.

(3) Existing domains are also something that should be on a proposal along with if these need
to be continued or should be redirected. We need to be clear about what happens to domains
if incubation fails.

(4) I think these items would add some additional sections to the podling report.

This is a discussion for Incubation only. What happens to domains and trademarks once a project
is top-level is clearly out of scope.

Regards,
Dave