incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.1.0 release RC1
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2018 02:29:41 GMT
Hi,

+1 binding

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE ok
- It’s impossible to tell if files have correct headers or not
- no unexpected binary files
- can compile form source

LICENSE is missing this BSD licensed file [1]

This file [2] seem to be CC-BY-2.5 which is category B [2] and should not be included in text
form in the release. I know it's just a readme but probably best to remove it.

I still have an issue with 3000 odd files not having headers or know how they are licensed
but hopefully this can be sorted out in a later release.

Thanks,
Justin

1. dmlc-core/include/dmlc/concurrentqueue.h
2. apache-mxnet-src-1.1.0.rc1-incubating/3rdparty/googletest/googlemock/docs/DevGuide.md
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b