incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0-RC2
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 13:07:26 GMT
Hi,

> Update the NOTICE file.
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/blob/v0.5.0/NOTICE

Look there is obvious a disconnect here and you are not understanding what isand  required
in regard with licensing and ASF policy. That's OK as incubating project, it's hard to understand
and hard to get right especially when this is new to you, and guidance is not always clear
and TLP project seem to not comply. Again I ask you to ask your mentors to help.

> Tomcat states "Copyright 2014 The Netty Project" and "Copyright 2014
> Twitter" following [1].
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/trunk/NOTICE#L28

Which has been discussed on this list before as is not related to copyright it to do with
propagation of the contents of bundled Apache licensed NOTICE file. Netty has it’s own issues
re it’s NOTICE file.

> You concern cleared?

No I would still vote -1. Again please speak to your mentors and understand what the issues
are here before bring the vote back to a incubator vote.

That’s the last I have to say on this before we see a new RC.

Thanks,
Justin