incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0-RC2
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 07:12:30 GMT
Hi,

Note the mix of public and private lists (as I’m replying to where it was sent).

 However I think this should be discussed on dev@hivemall not private@.

> I'm revising LICENSE and NOTICE files following your comments and [D].
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/blob/v0.5.0/LICENSE#L205
> (copyrights are removed from LICENSE)
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-hivemall/blob/v0.5.0/NOTICE
>
> Does it seem okey for you?

From a quick look:
- In LICENSE you need to link to the full text of the license locally not via URL [1] licenses
at URLs can change over time. Having the exact version and a URL is useful but shouldn’t
be the primary way to include license information.
- The NOTICE file still contains too much information [2]

Your mentors can help you out with this, please ask them to help.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice