incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: ratis website proposal
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2018 18:02:50 GMT
Hi -

At Apache we provide source code as releases as our primary purpose. The Ratis project must
provide a download to your source release using the download.cgi method approved by Infrastructure.
[1] You should also provide a download of the binary archives that is not dependent on Maven.
Not every potential developer will be using Maven also they may not have direct access to
Maven Central.

Are your mentors engaged in providing advice?

Regards,
Dave

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-download-pages.html

> On Jan 2, 2018, at 9:35 AM, Elek, Marton <elek@apache.org> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> We created an initial version of the Ratis website. And currently there is a vote[1]
thread on the ratis dev mailing list to publish it.

> This is not a release, but we would like to get as many feedback as possible, so we kindly
ask you to check it and let us now: