incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.3.3 release RC0
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2018 04:36:01 GMT
Hi,

Sorry but it’s -1 (binding) from me due to Category X license. Everything else looks good
however.

The LICENSE mentions the he JSON license which is now category X and cannot be included or
a dependancy of an Apache project. [1] This changed a year ago and, there was a grace period
that has since expired. [4]

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- All file have ASF header
- No unexpected binary files
- Can compile from source

The year in NOTICE needs to be updated.

You may (but it’s not required) want to add bootstrap to your LICENSE file [2] even though
it’s Apache licensed, some version are MIT licensed, so it can be a source of confusion.
That may also mean that the glyphicons font is also under apache license not MIT as stated
in LICENSE. See the very bottom of three [3] although what that page said when bootstrap v3.0.3
come up I’m not 100% sure.

I also note it only compiles on Java 1.7, might be time to try and getting to to work on 1.8?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#json
2. apache-datafu-incubating-sources-1.3.3/site/source/stylesheets/bootstrap.css
3. http://glyphicons.com/license/
4. http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/201705.mbox/%3C63D25F99-C5D1-4115-816B-477943FF40E3@apache.org%3E