incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: Apache Policy Quiz
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 05:31:10 GMT
Hi,

> Every single question that I answered gave me a "not quite right". Even
> when it asked if an Apache product can be distributed under Cat-X and I
> said “No”

Some of them are subtle. You may have to check more than one box to get all the right answers.

For that question:
Can Apache distribute products under a prohibited ('Category X') license?

There are three answers:
    Yes for all bundled software.
    No (with a couple of exceptions).
    Yes but only for some common build tools.

And if you read [1] you see that two of those options are right. Depending on what was shown
you may of had to tick one or two boxes.

> That was the final straw after a series of
> multiple-choice questions that I got "not quite right", thinking maybe I
> missed some nuance.

Double check the hints they give you clues and the links provided, but it’s certainly possible
I have a couple of errors in there.

You can allways look at the JSON file.

Thanks,
Justin