incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ratis website proposal
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 13:22:28 GMT
On 4 January 2018 at 01:04, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You may want to change the wording under the Source link as you have develop is master
it could be seen as you are distributing unofficial code to users there.

> Just add some words to the effect that this is for development use only and not intended
for use by the general public and are not part of an official release checked by the PMC.

IMO it would be better to have some pages which are clearly aimed at
developers and put such links there.

Some other nits:

"higly customizable" => "highly customizable"

However it might be more accurate to say 'fully' (are there aspects
that are not customisable?)

--- quote ---
Raft is a easily understandable consensus algorithm to manage replicated log.

Apache Ratis could be used in any Java application where a state
should be replicated between multiple instances.
--- quote ---

'replicated log' does not read well.
Does it mean 'replicated log files' or ' replicated logging' or something else?
I'm not sure how 'log' relates to 'a state'?

Also 'a state' should probably be 'state' as the former could imply a
single state.

Still some mentions of 'java'

"Start three Ratis server" => "Start the Ratis server" ?