incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Toree 0.2.0-incubating (RC3)
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2018 18:03:47 GMT
Justin,

A bit more context on those Jars: these were created to test the ability to
add jars at runtime to the Scala interpreter, and they were contributed to
the project as tests.

I'm not sure there's a strong case to build these Jars just before using
them in tests. That would require much more time and maintenance than just
including the binaries. There's nothing special about them besides that
they have classes that can be loaded to verify the classpath addition
worked. I think this is similar enough to having binary test files included
in file format projects that it should not be a reason to fail the release.

rb