incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jan Lahoda <lah...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Beta (incubating) rc2
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2018 13:25:46 GMT
On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 2:14 PM, Justin Mclean <justinmclean@me.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Could please the FAQ be updated with exact requirements (or the point
> > removed), to avoid further confusion?
>
> It [1] seems clear to me i.e. there’s an exception for test data but not
> test code.

Yes. I guess I wonder about which specific files we are talking here. If it
is e.g.:
refactoring.java/test/qa-functional/data/goldenfiles/
org/netbeans/modules/test/refactoring/MoveTest/testMoveClass.pass
or:
refactoring.java/test/qa-functional/data/projects/RefactoringTest/src/introduceParameter/Class_A_A.java
or:
java.hints/test/unit/data/javahints/AbstractError1.java

then these are test data (they are in test/*/data directories), not test
code. They are a (semi) Java source code, as the Java related features run
on "Java" source code, so that's what we need for testing.

Jan