incubator-general mailing list archives

From Makoto Yui <yuin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0-RC2
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2018 07:29:16 GMT
Hi,

>> IMO, adding license information along with copyrights in NOTICE sounds
>> reasonable because comparing LICENSE with NOTICE is hard when divided
>> while it may be redundant.
>
> In general only LICENSE should contain license information [1] as the NOTICE file is
informational only [2], (see d. "The contents of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes
only and do not modify the License.") It also should be keep as short as possible [3] as it
has an impact on downstream ASF projects.

Thank you for pointing out ASF policy. I'll remove licensing
information from NOTICE.

>> BTW, can we remove "rcX" from "x.y.z-rcX" on releasing "x.y.z" without
>> voting when IPMC vote passed?
>
> You can name release artefacts however you want as long as it has “incubating” in
it. Changing the name of the release (i.e. dropping the RC bit) doesn’t effect the signature
or change the file contents so that’s fine. Best to do this via a "svn move” from the
dist/dev area to the /dist area.

On publishing artifacts to Maven, pom versions are written and thus
signature change is actually happening in other release, I think.
Signature of XXX.src.zip can be unchanged though.

Thanks,
Makoto