incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: License headers on test data (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Beta (incubating) rc2)
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2018 13:28:25 GMT
On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 2:22 PM, Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wielenga@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ...we propose that we add a line to the README that says:
> "*/test/*/data folders contain test data and therefore may have no
> license headers"....

I would prefer for that info to be added as comments in the file that
defines the RAT exclusions, to give it a better chance of staying in
sync.

You can then point from the README to that file with a comment like
"see XXX for RAT exclusions and their justifications".

-Bertrand