incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Policy Quiz
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 06:09:00 GMT
On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 12:01 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> HI,
>
> > No, I'm not gonna issue PRs. The methodology of presenting 2 of 3
> answers,
> > then saying I got it wrong because I couldn't click that not-shown 3rd…
>
> It not doing that it only scores the check boxes on the screen.

And as I said: of the two shown about Cat-X, I clicked the proper one. AND
IT STILL SCORED WRONG.

Here is the precise display:

Can Apache distribute products under a prohibited ('Category X') license?
No (with a couple of exceptions).Yes but only for some common build tools.

So I go ahead and click "No" because we distribute ALL products under ALv2.
And the second option is a misdirect because we only distribute inputs to
tools, not the tools themselves (afaik). And then the quiz tells me "Prohibited
licensed software can not be distributed." ... I KNOW THAT. THAT IS HOW I
ANSWERED.

But you said there is some hidden 3rd option to this quiz, that I couldn't
reach and use to properly answer.

Even though "No" *is* the proper answer. Only sort of, because I'm unaware
of any exceptions.