incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matthew Hayes <matthew.terence.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.3.3 release RC0
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2018 07:14:42 GMT
Hi Justin,

Thanks for pointing out the json license issue.  I searched the code and
found only a small piece of code that uses it so it shouldn't be hard to
replace with an alternative.  For my understanding, when [1] states "CAN
APACHE PRODUCTS INCLUDE WORKS LICENSED UNDER THE JSON LICENSE?", does
either having the source code in the source release or having a build or
runtime dependency count as "including" the licensed work?  In our case we
have a build+runtime dependency but do not include the source code.

I'll take a look at your bootstrap license suggestion too.

Regarding Java 8, there is a JIRA filed for this [2] with a patch submitted
so it'll probably be taken care of for the next release.

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#json
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/DATAFU/issues/DATAFU-132