incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Apache Policy Quiz
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 06:07:44 GMT
On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 9:55 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I got inconsistent results from the same answer out of the same choices on the same
question. It was not clear to me that many of the questions are “check all that apply”.

> I will add that to make it clearer.
>
>> Some of the questions are poorly worded, e.g. something like “can Apache rely on
cat X  software”:

> I used that wording as it is used in the legal resolved page. [1] “depend” or “rely
on a dependancy” may be better words to use.

>> For many of the questions I thought there was a mismatch between my understanding
of Apache policy and any of the possible answers presented, and I ended up feeling vaguely
insulted.

> Sorry that was certainly not my intention.

I was holding off on this -- but now I just can't resit. So here it goes:

Surely we are not talking about some kind of an official ASF exam test
here, right?

This is more of a fun quiz that makes people think about certain things which
means that anything goes -- trick questions, silly questions, whatever (not that
I'm making a judgement call on what Justin has there -- just pointing
this out in
general).

In that sense, how could anyone has a "...I ended up feeling vaguely insulted"
is a tad beyond my understanding.

So I guess my only bit of feedback would be this: use this opportunity to make
the test go: "ah well, here's the thing..." when somebody ends up with one
of those "not quite" answers.

Just my 2c.

Thanks,
Roman.