incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Beta (incubating) rc2
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2018 23:39:59 GMT
Hi,

> In many/most cases, the issues picked up by Justin are issues that are not
> visible if our rat exclusions are taken into account. Now, of course, what
> we can do is discuss those rat exclusions. However, a starting point would
> be for Justin or anyone else here to use those rat exclusions when running
> rat, as a starting point. Then we’ll all have the same results and can
> start discussions from the same basis.

A common problem is that rat exclusions are set too wide and in this case it looks like they
have been. Can you point me to the exclusion file I can’t see it in the source release.

IMO there are still a number of serious issue (LICENSE missing licenses, category B issues
and source release contains compiled source code) so my vote would still be -1 on this release
because of those. But my vote is just one vote and is not a veto, other IPMC members (including
your mentors) can vote +1 on this and if you get 3 +1’s and more +1s than -1s then it’s
a release.

Thanks,
Justin