incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Apache Policy Quiz
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 08:02:11 GMT
In general I think it's a great Idea.
I would really like to bring this to my new Apache colleagues in the PLC4X project ... this
way they could get up to speed with the formal stuff.

But I think the tool does need a little optimization ;-)

I think from 5 questions I got about 1 right ;-)

But I guess it was mainly cause I interpreted the answers as if they are aggregated to form
a correct answer.
For example I interpreted the answers "3 +1 votes" and "more +1 than -1" as being ANDed to
form the correct answer, but Justin told me "more +1 than -1" is correct as you could also
have "3 +1 and 100000 -1 votes". This was not obvious to me and I think if the aggregation
of all answers form the correct one, It would be more intuitive. I would really like a quiz
like that that lists up different parts and all that are correct have to be clicked. It requires
to know the same information, but doesn't make you mad if you missed some little trick ;-)

Chris

Am 25.01.18, 08:55 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com>:

    Hi,

    > I return to my point: "No" was the best answer (tho its qualifiers were
    > wrong), and the "Yes" was wrong for that question.

    Yes I agree No is the best answer (and is the correct answer is just about every single
case) and Yes is wrong in that question. Is "Yes but only for some common build tools.”
correct or not, currently I have it down as correct, but if it’s not as your saying then
the text (and title) at  [1] I think would need to change. May be best to bring up on legal
discuss?

    Thanks,
    Justin

    1. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#build-tools