incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Gobblin 0.12.0 release RC0
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2018 06:38:13 GMT
Hi,

-1 (binding) for LICENSE and NOTICE issues

I checked:
- name included incubating
- hashes and signatures correct
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE need more work (see below)
- No unexpected binaries in source release
- All files have ASF headers
- Couldn’t compile from source but probably don’t have a correct environment set up

LICENSE should list all of the bundled software licenses, NOTICE should not include permissive
license details or in general copyrights. Neither should mention dependancies only what is
actually bundled in a release. I suggest you ask your mentors to guide you on this and/or
read this. [1]

NOTICE is also incorrect  "This product includes software developed by The Apache Software”
it’s developed at not by, it missing the ASF copyright line and contains way too much information.
Please use the boilerplate notice here [3]

LICENSE should be listing the following software licenses:
- MIT licensed bootstrap
- MIT licensed normalize.css
- license for glyphicons-halflings font
- probably this file [2] copyright linkedin?

That’s all I could find that was bundled in the release. As far as i can see none of the
software mentioned in NOTICE is actually bundled in the release.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html
2. ./apache-gobblin-incubating-sources-0.12.0/gobblin-restli/gobblin-throttling-service/gobblin-throttling-service-server/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
3. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice