incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Policy Quiz
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 06:08:58 GMT
On 01/25/2018 07:07 AM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 9:55 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I got inconsistent results from the same answer out of the same choices on the
same question. It was not clear to me that many of the questions are “check all that apply”.

>> I will add that to make it clearer.
>>
>>> Some of the questions are poorly worded, e.g. something like “can Apache rely
on cat X  software”:

>> I used that wording as it is used in the legal resolved page. [1] “depend” or
“rely on a dependancy” may be better words to use.

>>> For many of the questions I thought there was a mismatch between my understanding
of Apache policy and any of the possible answers presented, and I ended up feeling vaguely
insulted.

>> Sorry that was certainly not my intention.
>
> I was holding off on this -- but now I just can't resit. So here it goes:
>
> Surely we are not talking about some kind of an official ASF exam test
> here, right?
>
> This is more of a fun quiz that makes people think about certain things which
> means that anything goes -- trick questions, silly questions, whatever (not that
> I'm making a judgement call on what Justin has there -- just pointing
> this out in
> general).
>
> In that sense, how could anyone has a "...I ended up feeling vaguely insulted"
> is a tad beyond my understanding.
>
> So I guess my only bit of feedback would be this: use this opportunity to make
> the test go: "ah well, here's the thing..." when somebody ends up with one
> of those "not quite" answers.

Trick questions could be fun ;) provided they are educational.