incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hivemall (Incubating) v0.5.0-RC2
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2018 02:33:28 GMT
Hi,

> I used NOTICE file of Hadoop/Spark project as a reference.

You should be careful following other TLPs as examples and follow the instructions here. [1]
If you want some good example that the HTTP project or TomCat are I believe good ones to follow.
That or perhaps more recently graduated projects.

> https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/trunk/NOTICE.txt
> https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/NOTICE#L2
>
> In your opinion, Hadoop/Spark's NOTICE file is wrong as well.

It may be due to historical reason or they may have included issues due to malformed upstream
projects NOTICE files. Which looks to be the case here for Hadoop with the license information
being in the NOTICE file, not so sure with Spark. IMO they could do with some improvement
but that’s up the PMC of those projects to do that.

> I'll cancel this release and do release process again but wait for
> other IPMC's comment for a while to find other glitches.

That a good idea. You might want to get your mentors to double check the release as well.
Did any on them vote on this release candidate? (From a quick look I couldn’t see any mentor
votes.)

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html