incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Beta (incubating) rc2
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2018 10:21:55 GMT
Hi,

> I am not sure what the point is of spending time on putting rat exclusions
> together if they’re simply going to be ignored when it comes to IPMC
> members evaluating a release.

Rat exclusions are fine if they comply with policy and don’t hide things. I’ve reviewed
and voted on 300+ releases on the IPMC list so perhaps I have some advice to give that you
should listen to. You can of course choose to ignore it.

> Yes, we can of course discuss those rat exclusions. No, they cannot simply be ignored
and we cannot be confronted
> with a very long list of issues in the IPMC vote thread primarily based on
> the fact that our rat exclusions have been ignored.

Some of the issues I’ve brought up are minor and can be fixed in later releases and some
IMO are not and are not in line with ASF licensing or release policy. I suggest you try are
fix those.

> I would like this to be affirmed by the IPMC and I would like our mentors to advise on
their perspective on this too.

That would be a good way forward. As I said said previously your mentors can vote +1 on this
release - my vote is not a veto. I would be totally fine if you got  3 +1 votes from other
IPMC members and my vote is the only -1.That’s how Apache works.

Thanks,
Justin