incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache BatchEE 0.5-incubating
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 06:26:12 GMT
Hi,

> The root NOTICE references the donation but files are under apache v2
> license anyway, even referencing IBM so should be good.

OKish, perhaps,  but given we’re taking about 120 or so files rather than just a couple
so I think it would be better if it was fixed.

The NOTICE statement is there because the copyright line have been relocated. [1] The Apache
header used for ASF project is also different to that used in external projects i.e. mentions
contributor license agreements.  If some of the headers haven't changed then it’s unclear
if they were part of the donation or come from somewhere else. If they come from somewhere
else then that bit of Apache licensed software may have a NOTICE file that would need to be
looked at and parts possibly copied to your NOTICE file. So have 120 or so  files with IBM
headers makes it a little hard to review.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers