incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache BatchEE 0.5-incubating
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 07:30:16 GMT
Hi,

> We didnt change the headers (see
> https://github.com/WASdev/standards.jsr352.jbatch/blob/master/com.ibm.jbatch.container/src/main/java/com/ibm/jbatch/container/impl/RetryHandler.java).

Then I’m slightly confused as you have 450+ files with ASF headers and 120+ with IBM ones.
Now I don’t know the history of your project so this could be perfectly fine, and I’m
missing something, but again it makes it hard to review.

Where those 450+ ASF header files not in the donation and have been created since? I can can
also see that that repo above has a lengthy NOTICE file (although it seems to incorrectly
mention the Apache license and testing license information so I’m not 100% what if anything
needs to be propagated to your current NOTICE file). I can also see that files with IBM copyrights
have been changed at Apache e.g. [1]

IMO If the files with IBM copyright were donated to the ASF then the headers should be replaced
with ASF headers. If that is not the case and they are 3rd party files that are bundled in
an Batchee release then the IBM headers should stay and the LICENSE needs to make it clear
when they come from.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/apache/incubator-batchee/commits/ff8bbbd195a27efdcc5cde8e383b9e3d39914a46/jbatch/src/main/java/org/apache/batchee/spi/PersistenceManagerService.java