incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache BatchEE 0.5-incubating
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 06:01:51 GMT
Hi,

I’m not 100% sure I would vote +1 on this release due to possible header issues (copyright
IBM) and missing license information, but it’s probably in the “please fix for next release”
category. Where these files with IBM headers a part of the donation or do they come from other
3rd party code? If so does that other 3rd party code have NOTICE files?

What do other IPMC members think?

I checked:
- incubating in name
- hashes and signatures correct
- disclaimer exists
- LICENSE is missing a couple of things (see below)
- NOTICE looks good
- A number of files (120 or so ) are still "Copyright 2012 International Business Machines
Corp.”  and don’t have ASF headers. I assume these files were part of the donation from
IBM and just been missed? Two examples [3][4]
- no binary files in release
- can compile from source

LICENSE is missing a couple of permissive licenses.
- bootstrap [1][2] . While this is the older Apache license of bootstrap (so it's not required
to be added to LICENSE), more recent versions are MIT licensed so might be good to call that
out in the LICENSE. Bootstrap also contains MIT licensed normalize.css.
- MIT licensed JQuery [5] which also contains MIT licensed Sizzle.js

And a very minor thing I notice some dependancies files refer to ALv2 as the “Apache Public
License 2.0” - not GPL thankfully :-) e.g. [6] but I assume this is auto generated.

Thanks,
Justin

1. batchee-0.5-incubating/gui/servlet/embedded/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/internal/batchee/css/bootstrap.min.3.0.0.css
2. batchee-0.5-incubating/gui/servlet/embedded/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/internal/batchee/js/bootstrap.min.3.0.0.js
3. batchee-0.5-incubating/jbatch/src/main/xsd/jobXML_1_0.xsd
4. batchee-0.5-incubating/jbatch/src/main/java/org/apache/batchee/container/impl/controller/chunk/RetryHandler.java
5. batchee-0.5-incubating/gui/servlet/embedded/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/internal/batchee/js/jquery-2.0.3.min.js
6. ./tools/maven-plugin/target/classes/META-INF/DEPENDENCIES