incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.2.0 RC 1
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2017 08:19:52 GMT
Hi,

Since I got no time to go further since I tried 2 weeks ago, I'll simply repost what I send
to the dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org ML for the vote
there.

I desperately tried to install Hadoop this morning (I'm not a Hadoop user) w/o success.

Doing so I noticed that http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html
needs some updates, notably

  * In  "2.1. Download Binaries" section to reflect the last release (or maybe ratehr say
it another way w/o harcoded release number?)
  * underscore instead of dash in trafodion_pyinstaller (again maybe not using harcoded names?)

So, in lack of time to really test the whole process, I vote neutrally for now, knowing that
anyway this vote will not pass for going out off
incubation since we still lack a third mentor, hopefully not too long now [...]

I can though confirm that the Trafodion part works well for me, kudos for that guys

+0

As Pierre Smits proposed on the Trafodion dev ML, I believe Trafodion could graduate without
this specific release vote passing. We just need another
person concerned enough with Trafodion to become a Mentor.

Jacques

Le 09/11/2017 à 02:42, Liu, Ming (Ming) a écrit :
> Hello community,
>
> Could anyone help to vote on this release request? We need your help to process.
> Really, Apache Trafodion (incubating) project is in request for your kindly help.
>
> thanks,
> Ming

Candidate 3)