incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release 1.5.1 of NetBeans HTML/Java API
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2017 21:13:06 GMT
17. 11. 2017 v 12:48, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>:

>> On 16 November 2017 at 22:19, Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tulach@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 72h is gone and (I think) we still need one more vote. C'mon it's a formality (version
1.5.1 is better than 1.5 and 1.5 was approved). Somebody please help us move on.

> Sorry to interrupt, but release approval is never a formality.

As expected... I knew my comment would provoke a reaction. Too bad it didn't provoke a binding
vote...

> Each release must be separately approved.
> Things can go wrong when assembling the release artifacts.
> For example files can be omitted or spurious files can be included
> (did the RM use a clean workspace?)

The release is prepared by a Jenkins job
https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-html4j-release/
The reason is simple - I don't trust myself to not make some stupid mistake and thus I automate
as much as I can. Thanks to that I can remain convinced release 1.5.1 is better than previous
version 1.5 and none of them contain any spurious files.

Binding vote, anybody?
-jt

>> Thanks.
>> -jt
>>
>> 16. 11. 2017 v 8:17, Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tulach@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Remaining fourteen hours of the 72h voting period are ahead us. I guess one more
binding vote would be good. Please give HTML/Java API few minutes to cast your vote. Thanks.