incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.0.0 release RC0
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2017 23:18:01 GMT
Hi,

>> - A number of source file are missing license headers e.g. [15][16] [18]
>> [19] and many others
>>

> Many of these are not Apache MXNet files but from dependencies. I'll
> suggest on dev@ that these submodules be moved into a third-party/
> directory.

Having that clearly identified would certainly make the release a lot easier to review.

> Why would it be? We only have to include the LICENSE from TVM, we don't
> need to name them.

In general all bundled software need to be added. [1]

> If TVM want to be identified, they should add a NOTICE file.

Licenses of permissively bundled software go in LICENSE with a few exceptions. [2] Apache
licensed (v2) doesn't have to me listed [3] but is useful to list and you're listing other
Apache licensed software in LICENSE so it seemed odd to omit it.

Again I suggest you run rat over the release and see if you can fix up what it finds. An annotated
rat exclusion file would also be a lot of help. Just try not to make the exclusions too wide
as you may miss something.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle