incubator-general mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Update README for retired podlings?
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2017 20:56:08 GMT
Should the Apache Incubator update the README on all retired podlings, to
more clearly indicate their retired status?

For example, from the README at https://github.com/apache/incubator-pirk ,
it's not obvious that the podling is retired.

I know there's a RETIRED.txt file, but that's easily overlooked. I suggest
the Incubator PMC updating the retired projects' README's with an
indication that the podling is retired, perhaps with a link to an
explanation of what that means:
https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html#what_is_retirement

For example, simply inserting the following line at the top of retired
podlings README's may suffice:

    This project is [retired](
https://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html#what_is_retirement)

I don't think this is a big deal, but might be something nice to do.
Another option is to stop mirroring retired podlings to GitHub, but that
just seems mean.