incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <ming....@esgyn.cn>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.2.0 RC 1
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2017 08:25:17 GMT
Hi, Jacques,

The issues you reported below were already fixed in master branch, so people can continue
on this vote thread.
Thank you all, please take some time to vote for this release.

Ming

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacques Le Roux [mailto:jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 4:20 PM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache Trafodion (incubating) release 2.2.0 RC 1

Hi,

Since I got no time to go further since I tried 2 weeks ago, I'll simply repost what I send
to the dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org ML for the vote
there.

I desperately tried to install Hadoop this morning (I'm not a Hadoop user) w/o success.

Doing so I noticed that http://trafodion.incubator.apache.org/docs/provisioning_guide/index.html
needs some updates, notably

  * In  "2.1. Download Binaries" section to reflect the last release (or maybe ratehr say
it another way w/o harcoded release number?)
  * underscore instead of dash in trafodion_pyinstaller (again maybe not using harcoded names?)

So, in lack of time to really test the whole process, I vote neutrally for now, knowing that
anyway this vote will not pass for going out off
incubation since we still lack a third mentor, hopefully not too long now [...]

I can though confirm that the Trafodion part works well for me, kudos for that guys

+0

As Pierre Smits proposed on the Trafodion dev ML, I believe Trafodion could graduate without
this specific release vote passing. We just need another
person concerned enough with Trafodion to become a Mentor.

Jacques

Le 09/11/2017 à 02:42, Liu, Ming (Ming) a écrit :
> Hello community,
>
> Could anyone help to vote on this release request? We need your help to process.
> Really, Apache Trafodion (incubating) project is in request for your kindly help.
>
> thanks,
> Ming

Candidate 3)