incubator-general mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Crail project looking for mentors
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2017 05:07:12 GMT
If you’re still looking for mentors, I volunteer.

Julian

> On Oct 18, 2017, at 8:38 PM, patrick stuedi <pstuedi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Von Gosling,
>
> That's great, we will be more than happy to learn from your
> experience. Great work with RocketMQ btw..
>
> -Patrick
>
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 3:58 AM, Von Gosling <vongosling@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Crail Guys,
>>
>> I am Apache RocketMQ PMC member. Although I have learned I can't be a formal mentor(Not
ASF member), I am wiling to stick around with you guys - informal mentor. Not only I am interested
in crail storage platform, But RocketMQ has graduated from podling -  I have learned some
experience from Incubator. Hoping to help any way I can :-)

>> Best Regards,
>> Von Gosling
>>
>>> 在 2017年10月19日,07:58,John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> 写道:

>>> Being an informal mentor can sometimes be the path to becoming an IPMC
>>> member, and later a mentor for other projects.

>>> Per the Incubator's policies, only IPMC members can be mentors to new
>>> podlings.  We have an "open door" policy that allows all foundation members
>>> to join the IPMC in a compulsory fashion.  Otherwise, just like any other
>>> PMC, we are merit based.  We see people who participate in projects and are
>>> clearly making a difference, use that to identify new PMC members.

RDMA

If you

additional
draft of the Crail