incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Pulsar 1.20.0-incubating Release Candidate 0
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2017 23:08:51 GMT
+1 to release

A few nits:

- you may want review your rat excludes and figure out if you are excluding
too much (several paths couldn't be found in the source release OR do in
fact have ASF headers, possibly incorrectly).  You may specifically want to
double check your protobufs.
- Ideally your .md files and other files owned by the project would in fact
have the ASF headers on them.
- For the binary dist, the license file has an irrelevant header.  Is it
from the original source?

Something else to consider.  One of the things we like to see here at
Apache is intermingling of projects.  I see you're using a number of
projects from other locations that actually have equivalents here at Apache
(Jetty, Jersey to name a couple), while licensing is OK do you see any
potential roadmap for swapping them out?

John